DEETZ FEAST


Three generations of Deetzes in view, as well as many friends, family and should-be-family members . . . no one does fictive kinship like the Deetzes! From the plate count and my knowledge of that space, we are only seeing about 1/3 of the people slated to eat. My mother's basic rule on food was abundance is never enough. It would make my Dad crazy, but we are a family who knows how to relish good leftovers, make something out of nothing and stretch basic ingredients into something spectacular. Many of the recipes I will share embrace the same creed, and will be things from my parents' families, friends of our family, and the many things my siblings have perfected themselves through the years. I look forward to posting them all here so that we can keep the love we had for food and family (no parsing out friends here) going.



Comments